Our General Surgeons, Dr. William W. Wheeler, MD and Dr. Daniel Nadig, MD, are board certified and bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to Benewah Community Hospital’s surgical services department. Dr. Wheeler and Dr. Nadig are skilled to perform a variety of procedures, including, but not limited to:
- Hernia repairs (inguinal, umbilical, incisional)
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (removal of gallbladder thru band-aid incisions)
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy (removal of appendix thru band-aid incisions)
- Surgical treatment of small & large bowel problems
- Vascular assess devices (central line, Picc lines, Power ports)
- Breast Surgery
- Ph monitoring (for Acid Reflux)
- Skin and subcutaneous biopsies & removal
- Treatment of ano-rectal abnormalities
Our experienced, board certified Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. John McNulty, MD, has been assisting patients of Benewah Community Hospital for years with all of their orthopedic needs, including, but not limited to:
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Shoulder Surgery
- Total Hip, Knee, Shoulder Replacement
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Knee Arthroscopy
- ACL Reconstruction
- Trigger Finger Release
- Open and Closed Reduction of Fractures
Dr. Brent Clark, DPM is a Board Certified Podiatrist who specializes in foot and ankle surgery. Podiatry is a branch of medicine devoted to the study of diagnosis, medical and surgical treatment of disorders of the foot, ankle and lower extremities. Dr. Clark, DPM brings many years of experience to the field of Podiatry. Dr. Clark is skilled to perform a variety of procedures, including but not limited to:
Foot Conditions and Surgeries
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Plantar Fascia Release
- Diabetic Foot
- Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Foot and Ankle
- Ingrown toenails
- Partial Nail Removal
- Achilles tendon injuries
- Ankle Sprains
- Chronic Lateral Ankle Pain
- High Ankle Sprain
Day of Your Surgery
- Most insurance providers require a referral from a primary care physician. Always be sure to contact your insurance company before seeking specialized care.
- Your insurance is always authorized prior to your surgery, but please bring your insurance card and photo identification with you on the day of your surgery.
- It is important to follow the directions given to you regarding taking morning medications and nothing to eat or drink, or surgery may be cancelled.
- You’ll also want to leave any jewelry and valuables at home. Please dress comfortably; wear clothes that are easy to get on and off. Please don’t wear any deodorants, lotions, or perfumes.
- A member of our surgical team will contact you with a check-in time. Please check in at the hospital admitting desk for your surgery. Parking is available either along Seventh Street (229 S. 7th Street) or in our west parking lot, accessible on College Avenue and Eighth Street (229 S. 8th Street). Our 8th Street entrance is handicap accessible.
- Remember to arrange for transportation home.