SHIFT: Available for Days, Night and Weekends – PRN (as needed)
Responsible for preparing and serving patient and staff meals, keeping kitchen clean, assuring patients have accurate menus and meals, completing performance audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works as dietary cook or dietary assistant as scheduled.
- Assure proper methods in food preparation, storage, and service are being used throughout the kitchen and café.
- Preparation and execution of all catering, patient services, and staff meals.
- Clean and inspect galley equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Takes the patients and the staffs meal orders and prepares them as well, and diet changes at pre-determined times.
- Portion and serve food to facility residents, employees, or patrons.
- Cook food according to menus and recipes, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of portions to be served.
- Clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, or poultry.
- Wash pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other cooking equipment.
- Direct activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
- Train new employees.
- Take inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Monitor menus and spending to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
- Plan menus that are varied, nutritionally balanced, and appetizing, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability.
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Keep track of ordering food and supplies on a daily basis.
- Fill out prep lists and follow them to ensure proper set up and readiness for any orders that may come.
- Follows UNICODE and federal guidelines for safe and sanitary food handling.
- Bake breads, rolls, and other pastries. Performs baking duties as required.
- High School Diploma or General education Degree (GED).
- Certified by the Department of Health and Welfare as a food service sanitation worker.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Some experience preferred.