POSITION: Chemo Certified Registered Nurse
SHIFT: Day Shift, PRN
Coordinates care delivery to Chemotherapy/Infusion patients by assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating clinical chemo/infusion activities. Promotes teamwork with physicians and staff of other departments, as well as other Facilities who care for Oncology patient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Chemotherapy/Outpatient infusion department.
- Coordinates Chemotherapy/Infusion patient care in compliance with BCH, State, and Federal established policies and procedures.
- Coordinates patient scheduling with pharmacy, physicians, and available chemo certified staff.
- Assists with creating, reviewing, revising, and implementing policies and procedures that pertain to Chemotherapy/Infusion patient care.
- Participates in daily huddles, monthly Nurses/Staff meetings and in-service as infusion schedule permits.
- Assists with P.I. projects pertaining to Chemo/Infusions quarterly.
- Oversees Chemo/Infusion preceptor/orientation process.
- Develops Educational resources and opportunities for Staff, Patients, and Community; interacting with Pharmaceutical companies, Cancer Organizations, and Oncology Practices.
- Must have ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy Biotherapy Provider Certification
- Current CPR/BLS Certification
- Must be an RN who is competent in administration of outpatient chemotherapy and biotherapy medications
- Must be familiar with various CVADs, team oriented, and flexible