POSITION: Compliance Administrative Assistant
SHIFT: 32 hours/week, Full-Time
POSITION CLOSES: Open until filled
This position serves as support for the Compliance, Risk and Quality Department as necessary or assigned. The position serves as an extension of the department, assisting with clerical tasks and administrative projects. All general clerical duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives, screens, routes incoming phone calls and takes messages to/for the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Maintains a status of confidentiality on all matters pertaining to patients and hospital proprietary information.
- Conducts self in a professional, positive, caring behavior towards patients, co-workers (departmental and hospital wide), visitors, and providers.
- Demonstrates professionalism and interest in work by maintaining acceptable work habits and behavior.
- Demonstrates and promotes a spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
- Act as the administrator of the online policy management software.
- Assist with maintaining adequate supplies on hand for business purposes.
- Must be highly effective at problem solving techniques and have the utmost regard for human decency and fair treatment.
- Preforms data entry and data extraction duties as required.
- Research, compile, and prepare reports, manuals, correspondence, and other information.
- Basic Clerical skills of:
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma; Associates degree preferred.
- Typing, filing, and clerical skills,
- Two years previous clerical experience preferred.
- 1-2 years previous healthcare experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Experience with policy software preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software required.
- Requires strong internal and external customer service skills
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality.