Position: Material Management
Shift: Full-Time, M/F, Day shift
Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in purchasing and distributing materials, equipment, and supplies in an organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities related to the procurement function.
- Organizes, supervises, and directs the work of storeroom and central supply personnel engaged in receiving, issuing, and delivering supplies and equipment.
- Prepares instructions regarding purchasing systems and procedures.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability.
- Analyzes equipment and supply needs to find appropriate contract and utilizes GPO contracts when appropriate.
- Develops a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service.
- Designs, implements, manages, and monitors procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements.
- Recruits and maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
- Oversees all activities related to procurement of a commodity, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity.
- Assigns procurement requests to the appropriate personnel.
- Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Develops and installs clerical and office procedures and practices, and studies work flow, sequence of operations, and office arrangement to determine expediency of installing new or improved office machines.
- Arranges for disposal of surplus materials.
- Leads and participates in Hospital wide inventory count at fiscal year-end.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED equivalent; two years of college preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. On the job training will include Electronic Information System Inventory software.
1. Ability to work as a team member.
2. High school diploma or equivalent.
3. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
4. Able to work bending, stooping, and lifting.
5. Able to push/pull heavy carts.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled