POSITION: Pharmacy Technician, Certified in Sterile Compounding
SHIFT: Full Time Days, M/F, 64 hours
SALARY: Hourly Position, DOE
POSITION CLOSES: Open until filled
Assists Pharmacist in hospital pharmacy by performing the following duties.
JOB DUTIES (include but are not limited to):
- Assists Pharmacist to prepare and dispense medication.
- Place daily drug order with wholesaler.
- Receives and stores incoming supplies.
- Counts stock and enters data in computer to maintain inventory records.
- Check accuracy and completeness of drug order received.
- Processes records of medication and equipment dispensed to customer or hospital patient, computes charges, and enters data in computer.
- Reviews crash carts and emergency kits for outdated medications.
- Logs current medications and expiration dates.
- Audits and maintains file of monetary credits from manufacturers.
- Performs annual inventory and additional inventories as required.
- Observes expiration dates on pharmaceuticals. Rotates stock from carts and storage to areas of higher use. Removes expired products monthly from all areas. Keeps written log of short-dated/expiring drugs in stock.
- Audits pharmacy for outdated medications.
- Records, packages, and ships expired/unusable drugs according to manufacturer’s specific instructions.
- Keep daily record of narcotics used in ER. Sends report to DEA as needed.
- Prepare monthly calendar for Chemo patients. Contact with Cancer center.
- Processes invoice and purchase orders and sends copies to Business Office.
- Process monthly billing to other facilities, i.e.: retail pharmacy, Panhandle Health Dept., Valley Vista, etc.
- Daily patient billing.
- Processes inpatient charges from MAR.
- Outpatient, ER, and surgery charges from chart and other records completed by nursing service.
- Maintains Quality Assurance report form.
- Maintains records of quality assurance indicators such as temperature logs, cart inspection sheets, etc.
- Assist with maintenance of controlled substance documents/forms, ex: anesthesia, sign-out sheets, nursing sign-out sheets, etc.
- Prepares Schedule II CS report if required for Idaho State Board of Pharmacy.
- Prepares monthly Vaccine-Use report for Idaho State Health Department, sending copies to SMFM, and Panhandle Health Dept. Prepares vaccine order for the following month.
- Prepares weekly archive reports from Pyxis Console System.
- Maintains log books for Pharmacy Department sign-out.
- Understands record requirements of DEA and State Law and assists with document storage.
- Assists Compliance Officer with policy production.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Certified Sterile Compounder
- Must be nationally certified by PTCB and registered as a Certified Pharmacy Technician or be able to attain certification in two years. Must be able to register in the State of Idaho. Willing to train the right candidate.
- High school Graduate
- High degree of self-motivation.
- Be able to communicate effectively with all staff and patients in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and work proactively to accomplish all task.