POSITION: Respiratory Therapist
SHIFT: PRN (As Needed)
POSITION TO BE FILLED: As soon as possible.
Administers respiratory therapy care and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of cardiopulmonary system, under supervision of Physician and by prescription, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer oxygen and Respiratory treatments and understand the purpose, possible side effects, and contraindications for that therapy.
- Set up and monitor mechanical ventilators and all associated critical care duties required to maintain a patient on a ventilator.
- Perform arterial punctures for obtaining blood gas samples and have knowledge of abnormal results and complications.
- Perform diagnostic testing (EKG, PFT, etc.) and have knowledge of the results and any complications.
- Practice proper infection control by following OSHA guidelines.
- Perform proper cleaning and sterilization of all equipment within the department.
- Work with MD’s to obtain proper verbal or written orders and document according to Hospital policies/procedures.
- Properly document and post results of all tests/procedures.
- Instruct patients on proper techniques for self-treatment, i.e.: nebulizer, spirometer, and deep breathing exercises.
- Interact with MD’s to determine appropriate treatment for the patient based on diagnostic information. i.e.: ABG, pulse oximetry, etc.
- Assist with Cesarean sections by performing any Respiratory procedures needed to support the newborn and mother.
- Be on call as scheduled and adhere to the Hospital’s on call policy.
- Perform routine maintenance and calibration as needed on all equipment.
- Respect the privacy of all patients by complying with current hospital HIPAA policies.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all departmental forms, flow sheets, logbooks, and scheduling books and their proper use.
- Perform clerical/administrative tasks such as answering the phone, scheduling patients, filing, typing, and patient charges.
- Have good documentation skills and knowledge of forms used for all procedures and billing functions.
- Support Hospital PI Program by compiling procedure totals, adverse reactions, errors, and other PI data.
1. Currently licensed in the State of Idaho as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
3. Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred.
5. BLS and ACLS required
6. Proficiency with Cerner EMR preferred.
7. Two to Four years of rural healthcare experience preferred.
8. Demonstrated skill in communication with the ability to maintain positive and effective relationships with physicians, staff, and the community.
9. Ability to function in all areas of nursing as a patient care provider if assigned.
** Opportunity for Growth with Sleep Study training**
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled