POSITION: Self-Pay Biller
POSITION CLOSES: Open until filled
Prepares self-pay patient statements for all hospital and clinic physician related services. Pursues collection of all services rendered until payment is made in full or transferred to early out program. Responsible for timely patient billing and accounts receivable collections of all self-pay accounts and records payments received from patients. Must have thorough knowledge of insurance billing and documentation requirements to assist patients will related questions as well as be a contact for patient accounting outsource company. Performs other work associated with the billing process when requested.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of 6 months prior customer service experience required.
• One year experience and or education in office environment preferred.
• Accurate by touch keyboarding skills with 35 wpm minimum typing speed.
• Basic Computer Skills are required.
• Prior billing and/or insurance billing experience preferred.