If you or someone you love snores or experiences insomnia, Benewah Community Hospital can help. We can provide you with the care you need for a sleep disorder, close to home. BCH offers a full-service sleep program that specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of adult sleep disorders including sleep apnea. Our facility features state-of-the-art sleep testing technology as well as comfortable rooms with the same amenities that you would find at home. Each individual room has been designed to help ease any anxiety and our specially trained technician is available for anything you may need. Our Sleep Lab is staffed by sleep lab technicians licensed and trained in sleep studies. The program includes a full evaluation, including sleep studies and other tests that can diagnose sleep disorders ranging from mild to the most severe. Common disorders treated at the sleep center are: sleep apnea, narcolepsy, and chronic insomnia.
Our sleep services include:
- Sleep studies-which are known as diagnostic polysomnograms
- Positive Airway Pressure(PAP) to treat sleep disordered breathing
- Nasal continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) education for patients who have sleep apnea
- Nasal CPAP titrations
- Nocturnal (nighttime) and diurnal (daytime) sleep studies
- O2 titrations
- Oximetry screening
- Referrals are required.
- Once your referral has been written, an appointment will be made.
- On the day of your visit, check in 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time at hospital admitting desk, located just inside the main doors at 8th Street and College Avenue (229 S. 8th Street)
- Be sure to bring all insurance information, a list of medications you are currently taking and records from another provider and specialist, if applicable. (Remember your physician will go over which medications you should and should not take before and during these tests).
- Your co-pay is due at the time of your visit.
- Parking is available either along Seventh Street (229 S. 7th Street) or in our west parking lot, accessible on College Avenue and Eighth Street (229 S. 8th Street). Our 8th Street entrance is handicap accessible.