POSITION: Environmental Service Tech
SHIFT: Available for Days, Night and Weekends – Full-Time
Provides daily cleaning and replenishing of supplies to Patient Rooms, Bathrooms, Offices, and other areas of the Hospital as assigned in accordance with standard cleaning procedures. Maintains a safe and sanitary environment. Operates commercial vacuums and sweepers, Trash/Utility carts, wall washing systems. Moves furniture such as tables and chairs and does other duties as assigned by an Environmental Services Supervisor. Responsible for maintaining a high level of cleanliness throughout the hospital, preventing cross infection, minimizing air borne bacteria and ensuring an aseptic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Include the following.
- Clean specific areas of the hospital per detailed instructions (attached).
- Remove trash and soiled linen from the area.
- Maintain rooms so they are available for prompt reuse by cleaning ledges, fixtures, washing walls, vents and lights.
- Clean rest rooms, locker rooms, lounges, nurse’s stations, equipment rooms and closets.
- Complete required continuous training and education, including department specific requirements.
- Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.
- Comply with use of proper cleaning chemicals per surface being cleaned. Follow and use manufacturers’ recommendations per cleaning surface.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 1 to 3 months experience or training preferred
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.