General Hours and Location
Our department hours are: Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Our staff is On-call 24 hours a day for any emergency needs.
Phone : (208) 245-7631
Fax : (208) 245-2471
Our Radiology department offers several different modalities to best accommodate your medical needs.
- Ultra Sound
- Diagnostic Imaging
MRI – Magnetic Resonance Imaging
The Toshiba Titan is a large, open bore (open at both ends) MRI system that improves patient care and image quality with its reduced noise and large field of view. This MRI system offers one of the largest and widest openings available. It has an open bore that is 18% larger than most 1.5T systems with a 71cm aperture. The large field of view produces high quality images without compromising overall imaging performance. Although it is impossible to completely eliminate the noise of an MRI exam, the Toshiba Titan contains industry leading sound dampening technology that helps to reduce overall noise. BCH also provides further hearing protection and the option of listening to any music of your choice in order to make you as comfortable as possible during your exam.
CT – Computed Tomography
The Toshiba Aquilion is a 16 slice CT system. It acquires images many times faster than a conventional spiral CT. Since each image is obtained in less than a second, respiratory and cardiac motion artifacts are minimized. These features produce the shortest possible scan times and maximize patient comfort.
The Toshiba Xario is a high definition ultrasound system with an LCD monitor, a variety of functions, and many advanced features that ensure excellent performance in all ultrasound examinations.
The Selenia Lorad digital mammography system from Hologic is a leader in breast imaging. Some of its benefits include:
- Digital images that are immediately available and therefore reduce exam room time for the patient.
- Reduced need for repeat exams due to under or over exposure.
- Enhanced visualization of structures within the breast tissue.
- Images can be adjusted or magnified to detect masses, small calcifications, or subtle changes that may be signs of an early cancer.
- BCH uses foam pads as a cushion between the breast and the mammography machine resulting in a warmer, softer, more comfortable mammogram.
Diagnostic Imaging / Fluoroscopy
Our Shimadzu digital Radiography and Fluoroscopy system is designed to yield high quality digital images. Combined with a Canon DR image receptor, images are digitally captured, archived, and are available at any time for review. The computerized system allows complete control over image quality. Unnecessary x-ray exposure is eliminated and the need for repeat images is greatly reduced.
DEXA – Dual-Energy X-ray Absorptiometry (Bone Density Scan)
The Hologic Discovery the most advanced bone densitometer available. It combines the proven clinical value of bone mineral density (BMD) measurement with a vertebral assessment to accurately acquire a fracture risk assessment.
We are proud to provide the Benewah community with experienced, board certified technologists. Our radiology department takes great pride to have a staff of professionally trained, certified, and experienced technologists available to accommodate your radiologic needs. With our combined comprehensive experience, we strive to provide our patients with a pleasant and professional environment with a desire exceed your expectations.
- Call our Radiology Department at (208) 245-7631 during 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to schedule an appointment.
- On the day of your visit, check in 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time at the front desk of the hospital, located just inside of our main entrance at 8th Street and College Avenue (229 S. 8th Street).
- Be sure to bring all insurance information.
- Your co-pay is due at the time of your visit; we accept cash, check, debit card and all major credit cards, with the exception of American Express.
- After you have checked in with admitting, a Radiology Tech will be out to escort you back to the department for your procedure.
- Parking is available either along 7th Street (229 S. 7th Street) or in our west parking lot, accessible on College Avenue and 8th Street (229 S. 8th Street). Our 8th Street entrance is handicap accessible.
- There are some exams and procedures that may require dietary considerations or clothing restrictions. Please contact our department for clarification prior to your visit.