In treating all aspects of your health, one of the most vital areas of well-being is eliminating pain. Our pain management clinic is a great option for patients who suffer from chronic issues and want to avoid taking narcotics.
Our experienced Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) will work closely with you to help determine a course of treatment based on your specific case.
Ready for Pain Management?
If you and your practitioner decide that the pain management clinic is the correct course of action, an appointment will be made. Insurance is always pre-authorized prior to your appointment, so there are no surprises. You will also receive a call from a nurse prior to your visit to discuss the procedure and go over specifics, including what medications you should and should not continue to take.
We treat many different types of pain with a multitude of injections. We typically see patients for chronic back and leg pain, but our clinic can be helpful for those suffering from injury-related pain as well. The treatment itself will vary depending on the type and location of pain you experience but usually consists of a steroid injection paired with a long-acting local that bathes the nerves that come out of your spine. We also offer trigger-point injections, a more precise type of treatment where dye is injected into the area beforehand so we know specifically where to insert the medicine.
Making an Appointment
- Referrals are required for injection therapy.
- Once your referral has been written, your appointment will be made through the pain clinic. Pain clinics are conducted on scheduled Fridays and Saturdays.
- On the day of your visit, check in a few minutes prior to your scheduled time at the Hospital Admitting desk of the hospital, located just inside of our main entrance at 8th Street and College Avenue. Parking is available either along Seventh Street (229 S. 7th Street) or in our west parking lot, accessible on College Avenue and Eighth Street (229 S. 8th Street). Our 8th Street entrance is handicap accessible.
- Be sure to bring all insurance information, a list of medications you are currently taking, and records from other providers and specialist, if applicable.
- Your co-pay is due at the time of your visit.
- You must have a ride home from your appointment.
- For any information regarding this service, you can speak to a nurse at (208) 245-7622.