Welcome to Benewah Community Hospital
Benewah Community Hospital is a county-owned, 19 bed critical access hospital/rural health clinic with specialty clinic located in St. Maries, Idaho. For more than 50 years, Benewah Community Hospital has been providing high quality healthcare to individuals, families and visitors in Benewah, Shoshone, and Kootenai counties. We offer our patients a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services providing high quality care in a rural setting. Our administration and staff are dedicated to providing you with excellent care, and as our guest, you will find our staff is courteous, respectful, and enthusiastic. View BCH’s Code of Conduct (PDF).
To provide excellence in healthcare and wellness services.
To provide comprehensive, quality health care appropriate to the needs of our community, in a caring, empathetic manner. Benewah Community Hospital recognizes the importance of preventative healthcare and focuses on the promotion of a healthy lifestyle for the individual as well as the community.
Benewah Community Hospital:
- Recognizes that our patients, families, and community partners come first
- Provides the highest quality patient-focused care along the continuum of life
- Serves as a model rural health organization, incorporating the highest standards of care
- Treats our patients, families, and community partners with, dignity, respect, confidentiality, and integrity
- Maintains an environment that is safe, consistent, compassionate, and unbiased.
- Supports the emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of those we serve.
- Highly values the skills and contributions of our workforce, within a shared governance model.
- To continuously improve the overall health of our community through the provision of high quality, affordable healthcare services.
- To serve as a leader in a collaborative effort with the community providing health education, support services, and care for all citizens.
- To foster a culture of patient engagement by encouraging active patient participation in their own plans of care as well as seeking patient input on future plans for this organization.