Benewah Community Hospital’s Volunteer program was started in April 2012 after the renovation and expansion of the new hospital.
The program was created to help patients learn their way through the new multilevel building. There are many patients that need assistance navigating the hallways, finding the elevators, and finding which floor their appointment is on.
Typical volunteer duties include:
- Maintain patient confidentiality while assisting needs of patients and visitors
- Transporting patients who need wheel chair assistance
- Supply coffee and tea to those waiting in the lobby
- Deliver mail and/or run errands for the hospital’s departments
- Deliver flowers/gifts to patient rooms when needed
To be eligible for volunteering at BCH, anyone over 18 years of age must complete a volunteer application and consent to a background check, drug screen, and TB test. Volunteers also will be required to follow hospital policies and procedures including, but not limited to, HIPAA, Code of Conduct, and Social Media Use.
For questions or inquiries about our Volunteer Program, please contact Jordon Groce, Community Health Educator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-245-7605.