POSITION: Admitting & Billing (Patient Access)
SHIFT: Full-Time, 40 hours a week
POSITION CLOSES: Open until filled
Job Summary for Admitting:
Excellent opportunities to interact with community members. Work with outstanding professionals and learn about Medical Services. Controls the flow of patients through the Emergency Department, Outpatient, and Inpatient registration access areas. Collects demographic and insurance information from incoming patients at the point of service. Verifies active payer sources. Communicates basic financial policies as pertaining to insurance coverage. Obtains required signatures on the various clinical and financial consent forms. Creates image of insurance cards and identification cards. Collects prearranged deposits, self-pay deposits and point of service copayments. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under immediate supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Answers, directs, and/or records messages for all incoming hospital calls. This is a shared position between two departments
- Education/Training: High school diploma or equivalent;
- Knowledge, training and experience in healthcare office preferred.
- This position must be able to communicate effectively; be able to organize, coordinate and handle multi-tasking; be able to handle difficult situations in a calm, clear manner.
- Basic computer skills required, Cerner experience preferred, but not required.
- Customer Service experience preferred.
Job Summary for Billing Receptionist: This position serves as the primary secretarial support and assists other Billing Team members as necessary or assigned. Qualifications:
- Clerical skills of 30+ wpm
- Basic Clerical skills of:
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, & Excel
- Customer Service
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Two years previous office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Cerner EMR experience highly preferred.
- Must be able to write legibly, clearly, and concisely.