Position: Central Supply Technician
Shift: 64 hours, hours fluctuate
Sterilizes, cleans, wraps, stores and distributes supplies, instruments, and equipment used in patient care. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within Central Service. Work under immediate supervision. Report to Surgical Services Manager. Maintains cleaning of the Surgical Services Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scrubs and washes surgical instruments, containers, and equipment such as suction units.
- Sterilizes instruments, equipment, and supplies such as surgical packs and treatment trays.
- Prepares packs of supplies, instruments, and dressing and treatment trays, according to designated lists or codes, and wraps, labels, and seals packs. Takes call as required to do instrument sets & OR cleaning after callback cases completed.
- Stores prepared articles and supplies in designated areas.
- Fills requisitions, writes charges, and inventories supplies.
- Performs terminal cleaning of specified areas as set in policy manual.
- Checks autoclave at the beginning of shift and cleans thoroughly weekly.
- Performs daily cleaning of the Surgery Department.
- Assists with operating room turn over in between scheduled cases.
Assists with pain clinic operations.
Completed Central Service Technician course.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer skills.
Must be willing to share in evening and weekend call schedule.