POSITION: General Surgeon
SALARY: Competitive Salary
POSITION CLOSES: Open until filled
Benewah Community Hospital is seeking an experienced and motivated Board Certified/Board Eligible General Surgeon to join our General Surgery practice in January 2022. Excellent compensation/benefit package available for the right candidate. Enjoy the quality of life in the beautiful, rural community of St. Maries, Idaho.
- 19 Bed Critical Access Hospital with Rural Health Clinic and Specialty Clinic
- Existing Practice- See patients from day 1!
- Bread and Butter General Surgery Cases
- Endoscopy Skill Required
- Call is 1:2
- Outpatient and Inpatient Practice
- Flexible Contract Arrangements- Employee or Independent Contractor
- Large OR and Recovery Room
- Highly Skilled CRNAs and Nursing Staff
- 24/7 ER and Hospital Coverage
- Advanced Physical Therapy Department
- Organization with team-focused Medical Staff and supportive Administration
- Ancillary Services provided onsite (Lab, Radiology, Respiratory, etc.).
- Live in a Beautiful Rural, Community
- Endless recreational opportunities
- 18 miles to Harrison, Idaho, 53 miles to Coeur d’Alene, ID and 63 miles to Spokane, WA.
Benefits of a Rural Practice:
- Maintain a Varied Skill Set
- Great quality of life – short drive to work, more time for family!
- Slower-paced practice
- Deeper patient relationships
- Warm welcome from the community
- Completion of an ACGME accredited General Surgery Residency Program
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in General Surgery
- Valid State Medical License as MD or DO
- Valid DEA certificate and Idaho Board of Pharmacy certificate
- At least 2 years’ experience working full-time as a General Surgeon
- Documentation skills
- Great verbal communication and listening skills
- Ideal candidate: Energetic, Motivated, Strong Physician-Patient Relationships
Compensation and Benefits:
- Market competitive compensation
- Employed Providers: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, CME Allowance, 457 Retirement, Malpractice Insurance (including tail coverage)